[gccsdk] New SharedLibs incompatibility

Lee Noar lee.noar at sky.com
Wed Jul 22 03:30:24 PDT 2020

On 22/07/2020 08:04, alan buckley wrote:
> The new version of the shared C libraries I�ve just released alongside
> the new GCC release for RISC OS seem to be incompatible with programs
> compiled against the previous version of GCC.
>
> I tried the Python3 download yesterday against the new shared libs and
> it crashed complaining about pthread_cond.
>
> Any ideas why this may be? Has the abi changed? or is it something more
> subtle?

The good news is that this is nothing to do with dynamic linking. The
(mildly) bad news is that I made a mistake in r7252. I must have misread
the spec for pthread_cond_init and changed it to reject a NULL
attribute. In fact a NULL attribute is valid and means use the default
values.

> How should this be fixed?

Fortunately, it's a fairly easy fix, and I'll have it fixed shortly.
It effects both the shared and static Unixlib libraries, but nothing
else.

Lee.