[gccsdk] Rebuilding the autobuilder packages

Lee Noar lee.noar at sky.com
Mon Jul 27 06:12:17 PDT 2020

On 05/07/2020 21:27, alan buckley wrote:
> I�m about to start rebuilding the autobuilder packages and uploading new
> versions where appropriate. If you have updated items or their packaging
> in the autobuilder recently and would like me to build and upload those
> first please let me know.
>
> I�m not getting much time on this at the moment so any help in fixing
> packages or testing them will be much appreciated.

Just to let you know that I am working on updating some packages.

I've noticed a growing trend, particularly in the GTK family of
packages, to move away from the use of autotools (autoconf, automake)
towards more modern alternatives such as meson/ninja and cmake.
That's certainly not a bad thing, but I think for us, it's going
to cause a slight bump in the road as we find packages fail to
build because the autobuilder doesn't support these "new" methods.
It's not a major issue as packages can be transitioned as required,
and things can be made easier by adding new variables to the
autobuilder, for example, AB_MESON_CROSS_FILE that points to a ready
made cross file for meson or AB_CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE for cmake.
I'm already working on those, but I may also look at adding better
meson/ninja support to the autobuilder as well.

Lee.