[gccsdk] Is it time for a new version of GCC4?

Lee Noar lee.noar at sky.com
Mon Mar 16 08:44:31 PDT 2020

> The RISC OS packages have a new environment field and I'd like to add
> them to the GCC4 packages. I've noticed some useful work has been done
> in GCC 4 so it would be nice to get this included as well.
>
> I'm happy to have a go at building and packaging the latest GCC4, but
> before I do I want to check the current status.
>
> Is it stable at the moment or are some new changes about to go in?

I do have some changes to commit to Unixlib and I need to check that
GCC4 still builds and runs correctly. Admittedly, I have neglected GCC4
recently in favour of GCC8, so all the testing I've been doing is with
the GCC8 build (autobuilder/develop/gcc).

> Is the SharedUnixLibrary 1.15 ready to go?

Yes, that change was to improve clean up on program exit with
shared libraries and GCC 8.

> When packaging the shared library versions of the libraries that go with
> it has the ABI changed so they need to be packaged as new ABI versions?

GCC4 is still "abi-2.0", GCC8 is "armeabihf".

Lee.