[gccsdk] Is it time for a new version of GCC4?

John Ballance jwb at macpcrepair.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 13:08:35 PDT 2020

 From what I can see, gnu no longer do svn, just git. I have used the
following to checkout 4.7.4.. needs adding in the relevant place in the
makefile I guess

git clone https://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git gcc4 && cd gcc4 && git
checkout releases/gcc-4.7.4 && cd ..

If you can find a svn for 4.7.4 perhaps you could let me know?

For now I'm just getting the source tar that gccsdk has

JB

On 20/03/2020 16:58, alan buckley wrote:

> Lee Noar <mailto:lee.noar at sky.com> wrote on **19 March 2020 15:33
> *To: *Alan <mailto:alan_baa at hotmail.com>; gcc at gccsdk.riscos.info
> <mailto:gcc at gccsdk.riscos.info>
> *Subject: *Re: [gccsdk] Is it time for a new version of GCC4?
>
> > On 17/03/2020 17:11, Alan wrote:
> > > On 16/03/2020 15:44, Lee Noar wrote:
>
> > > I know a month ago GCC4 didn't build as I tried it on another machine.
>
> > Do you remember why? I'm building on Kubuntu 19.10 and didn't
> > encounter any major issues. I had to install the rename utility
> > for the header suffix swap in the native build.
>
> It failed for me again last night after an svn update, but I didn’t
> make a note
>
> of the problem as I decided to delete it all and try again.
> Unfortunately the
>
> svn checkout of the gnu trunk code is failing today. I’ll try again
> over the weekend.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alan

Stop press! Just announced -

Jan 2018: Which? rates us No.1 for satisfied energy customers, and No.1
for Home Phone, Broadband, and mobile

For full details of see
https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/reviews?exref=095761
<https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/reviews?exref=095761>