[gccsdk] Building GCC 8

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 04:43:40 PDT 2020

There does seem to be a list problem, I have not seen this via the list
(yet?).

Lee Noar, on 30 Mar, wrote:

> On 30/03/2020 10:52, David Pitt wrote:
> > Lee Noar, on 30 Mar, wrote:

[snip]

> > Autobuilder: Packaging source
> > /home/djp/gccsdk/autobuilder/build-program: line 384: distclean: command
> > not found
> > /home/djp/gccsdk/autobuilder/build-program: line 384: clean:
> > command not found

> > Package gcc: ***Failure*** Build for package "gcc"
> > failed

[snip]

> I've never seen this because I always build with the -d switch, ie:
>
> ../autobuilder/build -d gcc
>
> as this causes the source code/build products to be retained for debugging
> and development. I'll have a look and see if I can fix it.

I see I am perhaps jumping the gun a bit. I saw mentions of the use of GCC8
on the ROOL forum so had a look.

'Hello Worlds' in C and C++ have now been cross compiled with gcc 8 and they
do run on the Titanium.

--
David Pitt