[gccsdk] Building GCC 8

John Ballance jwb at macpcrepair.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 11:44:14 PDT 2020

On 30/03/2020 11:49, Lee Noar wrote:
> On 30/03/2020 10:52, David Pitt wrote:
>> Lee Noar, on 30 Mar, wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> When building GCC8 or using it as the compiler in the autobuilder, you
>>> have to have:
>>>
>>> RO_USE_ARMEABIHF=yes
>>>
>>> in your build-setvars file.
>>
>> Many thanks, the build does now complete and there is a !SharedLibs with
>> content.
>>

>> There was a minor matter at the end of the build.
>>
>> Autobuilder: Packaging source
>> /home/djp/gccsdk/autobuilder/build-program: line 384: distclean:
>> command not
>> found
>> /home/djp/gccsdk/autobuilder/build-program: line 384: clean: command not
>> found
>> Package gcc: ***Failure***
>> Build for package "gcc" failed

I  get the same. Still a bit rusty on exactly what is what, but in the
gcc Makefile (in build/gcc8/gcc/gcc-8.2.0/cross-build)  I cannot see
targets of distclean and clean .. all I see are do-distclean and do-clean ..

Does this suggest a patch for the makefile to add distclean and clean
that access these targets?

John

>> Not a complete failure however.
>>
>> djp at ubuntu1910:~/gccsdk/env$ ./ro-path gcc --version
>> arm-unknown-riscos-gcc (GCCSDK GCC 4.7.4 Release 3) 4.7.4
>>
>> djp at ubuntu1910:~/gccsdk/env$ ./ro-path arm-riscos-gnueabihf-gcc
>> --version
>> arm-riscos-gnueabihf-gcc (GCCSDK GCC 8.2.0) 8.2.0
>>
>> Thanks again.
>
> I've never seen this because I always build with the -d switch, ie:
>
> ../autobuilder/build -d gcc
>
> as this causes the source code/build products to be retained for
> debugging and development. I'll have a look and see if I can
> fix it.
>
> Thanks,
> Lee.

Stop press! Just announced -

Jan 2018: Which? rates us No.1 for satisfied energy customers, and No.1
for Home Phone, Broadband, and mobile

For full details of see
https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/reviews?exref=095761
<https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/reviews?exref=095761>