[gccsdk] Recommended distros for autobuilder

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Wed Sep 2 10:25:47 PDT 2020

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 06:00:15PM +0100, Chris Gransden wrote:
> None of those are due to the version of Ubuntu you are using. The upstream
> versions have changed so the patches need updating.

I suppose what I'm getting at is two things:

1) What are the build platform and source repository that is likely to cause
least breakage building things?

2) If the answers to 1) are 'use something ancient', what would be the least
painful way to make it less ancient?

If people (Chris, Alan, Lee, others) are currently building stuff and fixing
up problems, it would be good to understand which versions the patches going
in to the autobuilder are intended for.

Theo