[gccsdk] autoconfig and regex.h regcomp()

Ronald ronanon at zoho.com
Thu Sep 10 21:26:18 PDT 2020

Following my previous post
(using 4.7.4 rel5)

#include <regex.h>
int main() {
  int flags = REG_EXTENDED|REG_ICASE|REG_NEWLINE;
  regex_t  re;
  if (regcomp( &re, "^.*$", flags ) != 0)
    return 1;
  return regcomp( &re, "|no.*", flags ); }

The re in the functions has to be &re for it to work.
Nothing wrong with it, and flex compiles OK, just the configure
test that fails.
Looking into the config.log it fails at linking, but cant
find the actual gcc command it used in the production of the error
Luckily, I can avoid a patch by overiding the error in setvars
export ac_cv_func_regcomp=yes

I have to do my patches again, the package diff file patches
overlap with mine, so I need originals afterwards.

Ron