[Rpcemu] Vista border and run in background

jan rinze janrinze at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:57:08 GMT 2007

Hi Tom and Alan,

On Nov 29, 2007 2:34 PM, Tom Walker <tommowalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > I've been running rpcemu on Windows Vista and it works well apart
> > from the fact that the Windows border obscures part of the emulation
> > screen. Any chance of a fix?
>
> I've been trying to make this work right, but haven't been able to. The
> _exact_ same code works with my other emulators with no trouble at all.
>
> > The other thing I noticed is that the emulation freezes when it
> > no longer has the focus. I quite often try to run something on
> > the emulation while I want to do other tasks in Windows. Is there
> > a setting or something I can use to allow the emulation to
> > keep running?
>
> No, it kept crashing when I had this option in so I took it out.

This must be related to losing the DirectX surface. I have seen similar
problems with my 'rogue' version of RPCemu in the past.. Also I have been
testing other homebrew Direct X software under Vista and some of them did
also crash. So i gather that there is strong evidence for writing or reading
Direct X surfaces outside the direct X loop (which has special locks and
checks.)

just my 2 cts.

Jan Rinze.