[Rpcemu] Screen modes

Alex Waugh alex at alexwaugh.com
Sun Sep 30 18:18:21 BST 2007

Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com> wrote:

> I'm also thinking of moving as much as possible of the vidc code to a
> separate thread. I see the windows version does the screen blitting in a
> separate thread, but not the drawscr() function. Is there any reason for
> this? I'd expect performance to be improved (on a dual core system) if
> drawscr was in a different thread to the main emulation.

I've now checked in code for this, it seems to give a small speed
increase in some situations.
I had to modify the Windows and DOS files slightly, and these changes
are untested. Let me know if there are problems with them.
What is the recommended toolchain to use for compiling the Windows
version?

Alex

Alex Waugh                                           alex at alexwaugh.com