[Rpcemu] Just starting

Theo Markettos rpcemu at markettos.org.uk
Wed Aug 6 22:53:49 BST 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 10:27:13PM +0100, P.J.G. Long wrote:
> On Aug 6 2008, Theo Markettos wrote:
>  I have downloaded the formatted disk + universal boot sequence. The disk
> appears as drive 4 on the icon bar, but gives the error
>
> Error when reading ADFS::4.$ - Disc not understood - has it been formatted?
>
> when selected.

Do you have the hard disc image as hd4.hdf in the emulator directory?

> >Is the HostFS module getting loaded? It should be - check it shows up
> >under *Modules.
> >
>    It doesn't seem to be there!

That'll probably be the case if the ADFS hard drive image isn't working.
Try to get that sorted first.

(Or perhaps the RPCEmu build process should put the HostFS module into the
poduleroms directory by default?)

> >You'll need a directory called 'hostfs' at the same level as the rpcemu
> >executable.  Put your files in there.
>
>   Is this case specific in Linux, it was HOSTFS from the download?

'hostfs' works for me - I think I read on comp.sys.acorn.something that
other people were having trouble with the case.  I think the case getting
mangled is a Windows/Linux issue - obviously it doesn't matter on Windows.

Perhaps Tom or someone else knows what the case situation is?

Theo