[Rpcemu] Problems getting hostfs runing on rpcemu for linux

Theo Markettos rpcemu at markettos.org.uk
Mon Aug 18 12:45:22 BST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 01:07:13PM +0200, Gillian Seed wrote:
> I successfully compiled the latest rpcemu sources on my debian linux
> and the program works fine but I have problems getting HostFS running.
> I created a dir poduleroms in the rpcemu directory and put in the
> hostfs modules (hostfs, hostfsfiler) of Virtual RPC but no success. I
> get an abort on instruction fetch at some address at the booting
> process, if I use the HostFS modules of Red Squirrel I get the same
> result.

Quick instructions (cos I have to dash):

Grab the !Boot hard disc image from the RPCEmu site (not the riscos.info
one, the one that has Arculator)
Unpack it as hd4.hdf in the same directory as the rpcemu executable
Create an empty directory called 'hostfs'
Boot the emulator - RPCemu will boot off the 'ADFS' image and the load the
HostFS module.  You can access it through the HostFS icon.

Theo