[Rpcemu] Q re RPCemu and RPCemu Spoon Edition

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Mon Jul 13 03:00:13 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 01:00:33PM +0000, Tom Walker wrote:

> > RPCEmu Spoon Edition is independant from the riscos.info svn, yet
> > linked. Most changes to the riscos.info svn will get imported into
> > Spoon, perhaps with small alterations.
>
> Might I ask why it was felt necessary to make it independant, rather than
> keeping SVN updated and periodically making releases off it?

A few reasons I suppose, we don't have commit access to the SVN, when we
started Spoon (8 months ago) there wasn't a maintainer, and we wanted the
ability to pick and choose patches to help create a very stable HEAD build
for releases, which is difficult to do with so many people having full
commit access.

Peter

--
Peter Howkins