[Rpcemu] ShareFS

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Sun Jul 26 10:27:46 PDT 2009

Paul Stewart wrote:
> In message <4A0ED640.5060402 at dewberryfields.co.uk>
>           Michael Howard <mike at dewberryfields.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>

>> Just started using rpcemu (as a result of a faulty motherboard on my
>> real RiscPC) and it looks very good.
>>

>> I have built the recompiler version with './configure --enable-dynarec'
>> on x86 debian lenny.
>>

>> Networking is up and running and I was wondering if anybody has had any
>> success getting ShareFS running using iptables?
>>

>> I have used the patch written by Tom Hughes and that does indeed work,
>> but the problem is that for some reason, using bridged networking slows
>> things down really badly. The emulator is usable but not ideal. I've not
>> used iptables much in the past and so far my attempts at getting ShareFS
>> to work using them has failed miserably.
>>

> ShareFS does work under RPCEmu.  I got it up and running under Puppy
> Linux by configuring a bridge.  However I don't make any claims as to
> ShareFS's reliability.
>

> Regards

Hi,

Yes, ShareFS does in deed work, but only when using a bridge. I was
looking for help with using iptables and no bridge.

However, I installed rpcemu on my gentoo liniux box and hey presto, the
speed issues with using a bridge disappeared. So that'll do for me.

--
Michael Howard        mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
Lancashire