[Rpcemu] Q re RPCemu and RPCemu Spoon Edition

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jul 30 03:21:19 PDT 2009

On 13/07/09 11:00, Peter Howkins wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 01:00:33PM +0000, Tom Walker wrote:
>>> RPCEmu Spoon Edition is independant from the riscos.info svn, yet
>>> linked. Most changes to the riscos.info svn will get imported into
>>> Spoon, perhaps with small alterations.
>> Might I ask why it was felt necessary to make it independant, rather than
>> keeping SVN updated and periodically making releases off it?
>
> A few reasons I suppose, we don't have commit access to the SVN, when we
> started Spoon (8 months ago) there wasn't a maintainer, and we wanted the
> ability to pick and choose patches to help create a very stable HEAD build
> for releases, which is difficult to do with so many people having full
> commit access.

Well have you asked for commit access, or made any other attempt to push
your patches upstream? It just seems completely crazy to me to have
these two separate streams of development...

Then again maybe you have tried to push stuff upstream and your patches
have been ignored for six months like mine has been :-(

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/