[Rpcemu] Launching RPCemu in Linux

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 27 17:48:15 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I'm not really sure if this is a question that should be put to a Linux
group, but as a number of readers here may understand the problem, I'll
start here.
I run RPCemu on a Linux X86_64 system, and to launch RPCemu I open the
RPCemu dir, then open a terminal in that dir (the same as launching a
terminal and then changing directory), then enter ./rpcemu in the terminal.
As you would know that starts RPCemu and all the stdout (I think) messages
appear in the terminal window.
I suspect that there is a way of setting up a desktop launcher, i.e. a
desktop icon that will do all that when double clicked, but I haven't
found how to do it.
I have tried using a shell script which does the cd then runs RPCemu, but
I have failed to find a way of opening a terminal within the shell script
and starting things from there.

Has anyone sorted out a solution to this?

Regards,
Terry Duell