[Rpcemu] Launching RPCemu in Linux

Roel Wagenaar roel at familie-wagenaar.nl
Sun Jun 28 01:57:25 PDT 2009

Ian Hamilton <Ian.Hamilton at AAUG.net> wrote:

> In article <26325f7250.cr.bass at btinternet.com>, Chris Bass
> <veiligdoos-iyonix at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > In message <op.uv7lupxqrs0ygh at phenom.terrys.net.au> "Terry Duell"
> >           <tduell at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>

> > > I run RPCemu on a Linux X86_64 system, and to launch RPCemu I open the
> > > RPCemu dir, then open a terminal in that dir (the same as launching a
> > > terminal and then changing directory), then enter ./rpcemu in the
> > > terminal.
>
> [Snip]
>
> > > I have tried using a shell script which does the cd then runs RPCemu,
> > > but I have failed to find a way of opening a terminal within the shell
> > > script and starting things from there.
>
> > > Has anyone sorted out a solution to this?
>
> > I use Ubuntu 8.10 with a GUI. I use the 'File Browser' to find the
> > rpcemu application within the rpcemu folder. I double click on that to
> > run RPCEmu. I've tried to create the equivalent to a Windows shortcut,
> > but being relatively new to Linux not had much success!
>
> I have a desktop launcher to a script but I couldn't find a way to
> automatically force it to run in a terminal. I did find you can configure
> Nautilus to ask you what to do when you double-click a script. This gives
> the options of Run, Run in terminal or Display.
>
> Ian

Don't know why you need it to run in a terminal, but using:

konsole -e ~/rpcemu/rpcemu

should do the job.

In Ubuntu it may be easier to make a desktop link to rpcemu,

right click on your desktop and choose -> New -> Link to location or -> Link
to program

A window will open in which you can set it up.

--
Roel Wagenaar.
E-mail: roel at familie-wagenaar.nl
Thuis-pagina: http://www.familie-wagenaar.nl
Linux-User #469851 with the Linux Counter
Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.