[Rpcemu] Launching RPCemu in Linux

jan rinze janrinze at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 03:35:10 PDT 2009

Hi.

Running things in a console window is usually very simple.
If you add a script called 'start.sh' in the rpcemu dir

#!/bin/bash
sudo ./rpcemu

Nautilus (the filer) will ask if you want to run it in a terminal window.

I also have added firewall rules to my start.sh so it can access internet:

sudo iptables -I FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING --source 192.168.49.0/24 -o eth0
-j MASQUERADE
sudo "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward "
sudo "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr "

In my rpc.cfg:

ipaddress = 192.168.49.1

this is an arbitrary class C network that I chose to assign to RPCemu.

Hope that helps.

Jan Rinze.

my script start.sh looks like this:

#!/bin/bash