[Rpcemu] RPCEmu on Solaris

Johann "Myrkraverk" Oskarsson johann at myrkraverk.com
Fri Jan 29 14:39:24 PST 2010

Hello all,

I have managed to compile and run rpcemu on OpenSolaris well enough to
get the message

 MessageBox: RPCemu error RiscOS ROMs missing!

Before I jump ahead and buy the rom for (all of) 5 gbp, can I be
reasonably sure the emulator will run?

I may have borked sound support when I hacked allegro enough to get it
to compile (I had to stub all the midi support).  And I have probably
borked cdrom support since I had to comment out #include
<linux/cdrom.h> (or something along those lines).  I do not have any
tun/tap devices, but did find a driver which may work (if I don't find
another way).

So, my decision will boil down to this question: how much support/help
can I expect if I run into "serious" trouble?

Johann

P.S. On a side note, I have been known to code magic:
http://www.myrkraverk.com/magic/