[Rpcemu] RPCEmu on Solaris

Johann "Myrkraverk" Oskarsson johann at myrkraverk.com
Sat Jan 30 04:48:04 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Johann "Myrkraverk" Oskarsson
<johann at myrkraverk.com> wrote:
[snip]
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Matthew Howkins
> <rpcemu-list at howkins.me.uk> wrote:
[snip]
>> I found that HostFS crashed on Solaris due to some previously hidden
>> bugs which were exposed on Solaris. The fix was trivial though, but
>> not yet included in the repository.
>
> I am hitting that bug, yes.  Can you show me the patch?

In 0.7, where I am not hitting the showstopper bug below, I changed

      strcat(host_pathname, HOSTFS_ROOT);

      strcat(host_pathname, HOSTFS_ROOT);
      strcat(host_pathname, "/" );

in hostfs_path_process() and now I seem to have host fs working.
Don't know if that is the real fix though.

> I am also hitting, apparently randomly so far:
>
> RPCemu error: Bad LDRH/STRH opcode D0D2FDD2

This is now what is preventing me from running 0.8.6.  RISC OS
disappears when it happens.

> Is there a way to fix that?  I am managing to run it for a few seconds
> apart from that.  A hint to what to look at would be nice.

Johann