[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

David david at ukpoets.net
Tue Mar 16 14:44:47 PDT 2010

In article <20100316201511.GA13148 at spod.org>,
   Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 07:56:47PM +0000, David wrote:

> > It then opened up a blue window with  "MIPS:292.8. AVG:30..." (the
> > MIPS fluctuating).
> >
> > My RO version is 3.70; the rpc.cfg is:
> >
> > cpu_type = ARM710

> Just checked the result our autotester, the blue screen is a known
> result of risc os 3.70, whilst running the recompiler version
> (dynarec) with ATM610 or ARM710 processors.

> Here are a couple of workarounds.

> a) Change the cpu_type from 'ARM710' to 'SA110'
> b) Run the interpretted version

> Hope this helps.

I'll give them a try.

Meanwhile, I've been given RO 4.02 and got much further with that.

Next problem is when I tried to change from HostFS to EmuFS, following
the instructions. I got:

<quote>
rpcemu: hostfs.c:1699: hostfs: Assertion `state->Reg[9] <= 7' failed.
Shutting down Allegro due to signal #6
Aborted
<endquote>

No problems that I could see until that point, and I'd even managed to
configure a CDrom drive which I hadn't been able to do previously.

Even now I've removed the changes I'd made to the rpc.cfg file, I'm
still getting that problem. Quite disheartening after having had a
working desktop!

> By the way, blank formatted hard drive images are available for
> download off the website, if you run into trouble creating them with
> HForm again.

Thanks. If I get that far...;-)

--

David - david atcost ukpoets fullstop net