[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Thu Mar 18 16:34:03 PDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:45:36PM +0000, David wrote:
> In article <20100318170448.GA2403 at spod.org>, Peter Howkins
> <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 04:06:22PM +0000, David wrote:
> > >
> > > I went through the installation sequence as per the
> > > "RPCEmu_Linux_Guide" page. However, all I get is the 2D desktop: I
> > > don't know if this is supposed to be right; it doesn't equate to
> > > the illustrations in the Guide. Could this be due to the aborts?

> >  - Restart the RPC, either quit the emaultor and rerun it, or select
> >    Shutdown from the task manager icon and click 'restart'
>
> All went swimmingly to this point...

OK, here's the next set of diagnostic questions :)

What distribution of linux are you running?
Is it 32bit or 64bit linux?
What is the output of the command 'uname -a'?

> Also 'Ctrl-End' has no effect. Nor has F12.

What keyboard layout does your keyboard have? (UK/US/DE etc)

And finally, attempt to build an 'interpretted' version of the code, and
let me know if the aborts and lack of ctrl-end menu are still there.

 >cd rpcemu-0.8.6/src
 >./configure
 >make clean
 >make

There's something odd about your system, that I haven't quite got my head
around yet.

Peter

--
Peter Howkins