[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

David david at ukpoets.net
Fri Mar 19 06:51:48 PDT 2010

In article <20100319110456.GA14027 at spod.org>, Peter Howkins
<rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:59:14AM +0000, David wrote:
> > In article <20100318233403.GA12899 at spod.org>, Peter Howkins
> > > OK, here's the next set of diagnostic questions :)
> >
> > > What distribution of linux are you running? Is it 32bit or 64bit
> > > linux? What is the output of the command 'uname -a'?
> >
> > 32-bit Ubuntu 9.10
> >
> > Linux david-desktop 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12
> > 05:23:09 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

> Well I'm updating my 9.04 box to 9.10 to see if I can find any
> similarities.

Soon be time for the 10.04 update.

> > > And finally, attempt to build an 'interpretted' version of the
> > > code, and let me know if the aborts and lack of ctrl-end menu are
> > > still there.
> >

> > >  >cd rpcemu-0.8.6/src
> > >  >./configure
> >
> > "bash: ./configure: Permission denied"
> >
> > So I try using the << aclocal automake autoconf >> first which does
> > work.

> Did this also fail in the previous set of instructions, when I said
> do this ... ?

Yes. I didn't think to mention it at the time. In fact, I wondered if
you'd just assumed I'd do the << aclocal automake autoconf >> prior to
the "./configure" and didn't bother writing it.

> - Compile (I notice you're running dynarec here, so I'll do similar)
>  >cd rpcemu-0.8.6/src
>  >./configure --enable-dynarec
>  >make

> > >  >make clean
> > >  >make
> >
> > "abort on instruction fetch at &02193044"

> Is this an error reported by RISC OS (inside the emulator window), or
> by the emulator in the terminal window you use to run the program?

Sorry, it's a RO error message similar to the others I've mentioned
previously.

--

David - david atcost ukpoets fullstop net