[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 09:40:39 PDT 2010

Hi,

Peter Howkins wrote:
> I'll adapt this into a proper tutorial later. If any of these steps
> fail, stop, let me know, and I'll give you better instructions.

Rather than give a list of commands to paste interspersed with
non-command instructions, how about asking them to do something like

    wget -qO- http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/tryrpcemu.bash | bash

after having ensured /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom is their ROM image.  Feel free
to copy that and change it as further tests need.  Here, it gets the
Desktop up.  If it fails, the output at the command line should be
useful.

Note, it checks the SHA1 digest of the ROM image.  I'm come across quite
a few people with various corrupt ones.  There's a list at
http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/#acornem

Cheers,
Ralph.