[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

David david at ukpoets.net
Sat Mar 20 10:40:37 PDT 2010

In article <20100320164039.26A7A541E at blake.inputplus.co.uk>,
   Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,

> Peter Howkins wrote:
> > I'll adapt this into a proper tutorial later. If any of these steps
> > fail, stop, let me know, and I'll give you better instructions.

> Rather than give a list of commands to paste interspersed with
> non-command instructions, how about asking them to do something like

>     wget -qO- http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/tryrpcemu.bash | bash

> after having ensured /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom is their ROM image.  Feel
> free to copy that and change it as further tests need.  Here, it gets
> the Desktop up.  If it fails, the output at the command line should
> be useful.

> Note, it checks the SHA1 digest of the ROM image.  I'm come across
> quite a few people with various corrupt ones.  There's a list at
> http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/#acornem

Hi Ralph,

I got that, dropped in the 3.70 rom from this RPC and ran it.
Unfortunately, it came up with the blue window about which I first
posted. Nothing was reported on the command line.

The rom image must be okay as it gets to the desktop in another
emulation.

So, I don't know what this tells you.

--

David - david atcost ukpoets fullstop net