[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

Musus Umbra musus at verelanthe.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 11:55:15 PDT 2010

On Saturday 20 Mar 2010, David wrote:
> > Out of interest, what's the sha1sum of your ROM, David?
> If I knew what a shalsum was and how to find it, I'd tell you.

Run this command on the ROM image:
sha1sum <filename_of_rom_image>

(note: that's sha<one>sum not shalsum ;)

If you're following Raph's script (and the image is
/tmp/riscos-3.70.rom) then it should look something like this:

--8<---snip---8<-----
$ sha1sum /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom
e7cb05c9925dd0d7d9d5ff6f74244066c5c87e34  /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom
--8<---snip---8<-----

The key detail is the long string of hexadecimal;  For a 'legit' ROM
image, and for Ralph's script to work and present you with a running
RPCemu window, that must be 42c3dd0ae43149849b674ea025cb2206512a5b4a.

As you can see, my ROM image /doesn't/ match that, which causes Ralph's
script to stop before it has changed the CPU type in the rpc.cfg file...
which is what leads to the blue screen here.

> > Try Ralph's script, and then chamging the cpu_type to SA110
> > manually... that worked for me, even with a ROM image that has a
> > different hash.
> Yes, get the desktop (with the same "abort on instruction fetch at
> &02193040" error.

OK, so be perfectly clear, what you've done is:
1. Run Ralph's "wget ..." command to build RPCemu
2. Changed the cpu_type in rpc.cfg to "SA110"
3. Started RPCemu by running the executable that step 1 built.

Is there *anything* you did that's not in that list?

TTFN,
Adny
Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn	 | Personal: adny at verelanthe.co.uk
kann man uns am Himmel sehn		 | Techie: musus at verelanthe.co.uk
wir haben Angst und sind allein		 | WWW: verelanthe.co.uk/musus/
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein!	 | UT: adny.rsa at googlemail.com
-- Rammstein / Engel