[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

David david at ukpoets.net
Sat Mar 20 12:59:29 PDT 2010

In article <20100320190547.2FF82541E at blake.inputplus.co.uk>, Ralph
Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi David,

> > > Rather than give a list of commands to paste interspersed with
> > > non-command instructions, how about asking them to do something
> > > like
> > >
> > >     wget -qO- http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/tryrpcemu.bash | bash
> > >
> > > after having ensured /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom is their ROM image.
> >
> > I got that, dropped in the 3.70 rom from this RPC and ran it.
> > Unfortunately, it came up with the blue window about which I first
> > posted. Nothing was reported on the command line.

> Just to be clear, because you've separated the "got it" from the "ran
> it", you ensured /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom existed and then entered

Ah! You mean I should have created a directory called "riscos-3.70.rom"
inside a directory called "tmp" in my home directory?

No, I think you mean get a rom image, call it "riscos-3.70.rom" and put
it in a directory called "tmp" in my home directory.

Sorry that wasn't clear in your last post. I searched for it on my
computer after I'd done the "wget etc." thinking that your bit of magic
would put it there.

Anyway, I've already done the sha1sum for my rom image for Adny and
it's a1218ab6bd2f965d317522be68112d9ae3742fa0 which doesn't match
yours. Is it worth going through the process properly but with the
wrong sha1sum rom image?

--

David - david atcost ukpoets fullstop net