[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

David david at ukpoets.net
Sat Mar 20 12:46:36 PDT 2010

In article <201003201855.19978.musus at verelanthe.co.uk>,
   Musus Umbra <musus at verelanthe.co.uk> wrote:

> On Saturday 20 Mar 2010, David wrote:
> > > Out of interest, what's the sha1sum of your ROM, David?
> > If I knew what a shalsum was and how to find it, I'd tell you.
>
> Run this command on the ROM image:
> sha1sum <filename_of_rom_image>

> (note: that's sha<one>sum not shalsum ;)

Damned font! :-)

> If you're following Raph's script (and the image is
> /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom) then it should look something like this:

Didn't understand that bit about "/tmp/riscos-3.70.rom" - I've put a
rom image from my RPC into the roms directory. did I do wrong again?

> --8<---snip---8<-----
> $ sha1sum /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom
> e7cb05c9925dd0d7d9d5ff6f74244066c5c87e34  /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom
> --8<---snip---8<-----

> The key detail is the long string of hexadecimal;  For a 'legit' ROM
> image, and for Ralph's script to work and present you with a running
> RPCemu window, that must be 42c3dd0ae43149849b674ea025cb2206512a5b4a.

I get a1218ab6bd2f965d317522be68112d9ae3742fa0 which is different yet
again.

> As you can see, my ROM image /doesn't/ match that, which causes
> Ralph's script to stop before it has changed the CPU type in the
> rpc.cfg file... which is what leads to the blue screen here.

> > > Try Ralph's script, and then chamging the cpu_type to SA110
> > > manually... that worked for me, even with a ROM image that has a
> > > different hash.
> > Yes, get the desktop (with the same "abort on instruction fetch at
> > &02193040" error.

> OK, so be perfectly clear, what you've done is:
> 1. Run Ralph's "wget ..." command to build RPCemu
> 2. Changed the cpu_type in rpc.cfg to "SA110"
> 3. Started RPCemu by running the executable that step 1 built.

> Is there *anything* you did that's not in that list?

Yes, put the rom image in the roms directory.

--

David - david atcost ukpoets fullstop net