[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

David david at ukpoets.net
Sat Mar 20 13:17:09 PDT 2010

On 20 Mar, david at ukpoets.net wrote:
> In article <20100320190547.2FF82541E at blake.inputplus.co.uk>, Ralph
> Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> > Hi David,

> > > I got that, dropped in the 3.70 rom from this RPC and ran it.
> > > Unfortunately, it came up with the blue window about which I
> > > first posted. Nothing was reported on the command line.

> > Just to be clear, because you've separated the "got it" from the
> > "ran it", you ensured /tmp/riscos-3.70.rom existed and then entered

> Ah! You mean I should have created a directory called
> "riscos-3.70.rom" inside a directory called "tmp" in my home
> directory?

> No, I think you mean get a rom image, call it "riscos-3.70.rom" and
> put it in a directory called "tmp" in my home directory.

No! after several futile attempts, I worked out that you meant put a
rom image called "riscos-3.70.rom" inside the 'tmp' folder in the
Filesystem.

> Sorry that wasn't clear in your last post. I searched for it on my
> computer after I'd done the "wget etc." thinking that your bit of
> magic would put it there.

> Anyway, I've already done the sha1sum for my rom image for Adny and
> it's a1218ab6bd2f965d317522be68112d9ae3742fa0 which doesn't match
> yours. Is it worth going through the process properly but with the
> wrong sha1sum rom image?

And it came up with
"sha1sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksum did NOT match"

I changed the cpu_type to SA110 and ran it.

I get the usual RO error I've been getting on startup and then a
desktop.

No Ctrl-End menu, though. (Both keys do work, btw.)

--

David - david atcost ukpoets fullstop net