[Rpcemu] 0.8.6 64bit dynarec glitch

Musus Umbra musus at verelanthe.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 17:00:26 PDT 2010

On Saturday 20 Mar 2010, Matthew Howkins wrote:
> I should have also said thanks for a good bug report - a reproducible
> error is always useful for tracking down a bug.

:-)

> I have thought of a way of identifying where the bug will be in the
> code, so I'm hopeful I can come up with a fix sooner rather than
> later.

Another detail it didn't occur to me to check earlier: the cache.

It turns out that I only see the anomalous behaviour when the processor
cache is enabled.  *cache off => no corruption.  *cache on => back to
the glitch.

> For now my original advice of using the interpreter is probably still
> the best idea.

Up to now I've been using 32-bit builds, and only for very limited
tasks.  That seems to be the "sweet spot" for my needs, but I'll be sure
to keep an interpreter build handy to save fuss later (I don't always
have access to my 'build' machine when problems arise).

TTFN,
Adny

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn	 | Personal: adny at verelanthe.co.uk
kann man uns am Himmel sehn		 | Techie: musus at verelanthe.co.uk
wir haben Angst und sind allein		 | WWW: verelanthe.co.uk/musus/
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein!	 | UT: adny.rsa at googlemail.com
-- Rammstein / Engel