[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 12:06:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

Me again.

> Tom's matches one I already had, labelled "bad".  Can't recall why,
> would have to investigate.

My bad 3.70 was one I was originally sent to add to my public list of
SHA1 digests.  John Kortink spotted it didn't match his and suggested it
had ROM patches, he was right.

To save RISC OS ROMs on a system that has the ability to patch the ROMs,
it's best to do a power-on boot with Shift and * held down to avoid the
patching being done.  Otherwise, you're not saving what's in the ROM.
He said it would be possible to access the ROMs my mapping them back in
as they're at physical address 0 but Shift-* is the easier way.

My "good" 3.70 matches John's SHA1 digest.  I trust him to be
definitively correct.  :-)

Do rpcemu's "grab your ROMs" instructions need updating in light of
this?

Cheers,
Ralph.