[Rpcemu] merging RPCEmu and spoon edition

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Tue May 18 05:57:57 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:49:21PM +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> > > Apart from 3 or 4 messages which followed, all agreeing that Tom's
> > > request was a desirable thing, 'No answer' has been the stern reply.
> > > Has there been any discussion, anywhere?
> >
> > Yes, off list. It's all been very constructive.
>
> Why was it not on list so as to include the rest of us?

Well, amongst other things, it allowed everything to be discussed very
frankly without the worry that it would be archived for ever ;)

> Was is the resoltion, BTW?

Ah a resolution, I knew we forgot something ;-)

Give us a couple of days to sort things out and I'll post some more
details for users, developers and the generally interested.

At the moment it looks like updating the riscos.info pages and tutorials
to point at the spoon repository, downloads and documenation, and making
sure all the riscos.info content is either, replicated in spoon, up to
date, or in the case of some tutorials, with large caveats explaining
this was for an earlier version. This should remove the confusion
surrounding the two repositories (one no longer being used).

Peter

BTW, there isn't much to 'merge', as riscos.info is merely spoon 0.8.2
with some features added to HostFS [1]

[1] Which Spoon never commited due to knowing that HostFS had to be synced
against the later Arcem changes for considerably better filecore
correctness, moving even further away from the Arcem version would have
made this more difficult. This has now happened, as such re-adding the
features can be done in the future.

--
Peter Howkins
peter.howkins at marutan.net