[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Steve (ROOL) srevill at riscosopen.org
Wed May 26 04:55:07 PDT 2010

On 26 May, Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> Just like RISC OS on a real RISC PC, RISC OS runs the CPU flat out, I
> believe my brother investigated and had success using a new sleeping
> module that used the 'Portable' SWI, and I'll bump the testing of this up
> the list of things to do, as that had the effect of dropping CPU to about
> 5% without the loss of mouseclicks.

We've published the source code to a couple of Portable module versions on
the RISC OS Open site, in the castle/RiscOS/Sources/HWSupport/ directory
(e.g. Portable, Portable75, PortableA4 and there's PortableHAL from the
Beagle Board project).

At the very least, these should provide useful reference implementations.

 http://www.riscosopen.org/viewer/view/castle/RiscOS/Sources/HWSupport/

Thanks,

Steve

--