[Rpcemu] Hard disc file specs

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed May 26 07:02:26 PDT 2010

On 26/05/10 14:33, Roberto Carlos Fernandez Gerhardt wrote:

> I'm interested to learn how the .hdf file format works.

As far as I know they are just raw disk images such as you would get by
dd'ing a physical disk into a file.

In other words they're just the result of concatenating the disk sectors
into a big file.

> I think it would be nice to either include .vhd support within RPCEmu or
> to create a small tool to convert between formats.

Well if you've got qemu-img available then this should do it:

qemu-img convert -f vpc -O raw disk.vhd disk.hdf

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/