[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Ollie Clark ol at ollieclark.com
Wed May 26 07:26:42 PDT 2010

On 26 May 2010 14:36, Bob Latham <bob at mightyoak.org.uk> wrote:
> In article <20100526131427.GA5315 at spod.org>,
>   Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
>
>> And yes, the Linux version does suport networking, though it's very very
>> involved to setup.
>
> So I assume that also means the windows version does not do networking.

You assume correctly.

> Not wishing to sound negative or unappreciative but I'm surprised there's
> much interest in any computer if it can't network. Is this situation going
> to change or is RPCemu not wishing to tread on commercial toes?

It's not quite that bad. You can use Host FS as an intermediary so you
use Windows to fetch or put things on network resources into Host FS
and then access them from RPCEmu. I use it like this fairly frequently
- it's a bit of a pain but not a show stopper. You're right though
that it would be more convenient to have networking support in RPCEmu.
And if you want to do email on RPC Emu then you're probably out of
luck at the moment.

I think there are plans for networking support but I'm not involved in
the development so not sure of the timescale. I may even be imagining
it. :-)

Cheers,

Ollie

--
Got something you don't need but it's too good to throw away?
Offer it on your local Freegle group: