[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Wed May 26 07:28:15 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 02:36:23PM +0100, Bob Latham wrote:
> In article <20100526131427.GA5315 at spod.org>,
>    Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
>
> > And yes, the Linux version does suport networking, though it's very very
> > involved to setup.
>
> So I assume that also means the windows version does not do networking.

Not in the 0.8.6 release. Leo Smiers has contributed windows networking
which will be released in 0.8.7. Amongst other reasons why 0.8.7 hasn't
been released yet is writing all the documentation about setting up
networking, it's hard.

> Not wishing to sound negative or unappreciative but I'm surprised there's
> much interest in any computer if it can't network.

RPCEmu isn't a computer, it's an emulator, you've always got a Host OS
around with a HD full of modern and quick networking software.

RPCEmu without networking does as much as a real Risc PC without
networking ... lots. With it, it does more.

> Is this situation going
> to change or is RPCemu not wishing to tread on commercial toes?

A reference to Virtual Acorn?

In general whether or not to persue a feature is in no way influenced by
any commerial consideration. Features are added based on what contributors
want to add (nothing more).

Peter

--
Peter Howkins