[Rpcemu] merging RPCEmu and spoon edition

Musus Umbra musus at verelanthe.co.uk
Wed May 26 07:41:29 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 25 May 2010, Matthew Phillips wrote:
> I mounted the Iyonix's drive via NFS on the Ubuntu machine.
>
> cd
> ls iyonix/
>
> This lists the files on the root of the Iyonix's hard drive.
>
> Then I start RPCEmu and open a drive labelled Home, which is a
> read-only view into my Linux home directory.  The folder "iyonix"
> appears there, but when I open it EmuFS shows it as empty.

Could this be a permissions problem?  Is RPCEmu running as the same user
that has access to the files when using the ls command?

The alternative would seem to be that EmuFS is using different FS
operations to "ls", et al. and perhaps the NFS server on the iyonix
machine is not happy with them, or doesn't implement them...

You could try mounting a NFS export from a different OS (e.g. linux) in
the same place and see if that works as expected.

FWIW, the only files I /don't/ see if I put an NFS mount under HostFS's
root are ones >2GiB in size.

TTFN,
Adny

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn	 | Personal: adny at verelanthe.co.uk
kann man uns am Himmel sehn		 | Techie: musus at verelanthe.co.uk
wir haben Angst und sind allein		 | WWW: verelanthe.co.uk/musus/
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein!	 | UT: adny.rsa at googlemail.com
-- Rammstein / Engel