[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Brian D groups at planet3.freeuk.co.uk
Wed May 26 16:15:49 PDT 2010

Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> Linux versions are compiled from source (as oposed to distributed as a
> binary) by the end users. Therefore for Linux you need to download the
> archive labeled as
>
> "Source Code (Version 0.8.6)" "All Platforms" "Source Code"
>
> and compile it.
>
> And yes, the Linux version does suport networking, though it's very very
> involved to setup.

I've what I think is an older version (help says 8.2 but I thought it was
the latest a month or two back). If I compile from a different version (in
linux (ubuntu 10.04lts) in a different directory under home can I have two
different copies extant simultaneously (but obviously a different startup
file required).

--
Brian Duffell   Yarm    England