[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Thu May 27 06:01:16 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 05:48:21PM +0100, Jim Lesurf wrote:
> I've just had another look around the webpages with they 'eye' of someone
> approaching this as a potential new user (and one as ignorant as myself!)
>
> 1) What do you do before trying to compile and produce rpcemu from the
> source tgz? Do you still download and install the allego items as per with
> the non-spoon version? Or do you do something else?
>
> 2) What are the actual set of instructions to then produce a working binary
> version from the source tgz?
>
> 3) Which of the following instructions do you then follow? Or what others
> do you follow?

I've just uploaded this guide to compiling from source on Linux (and other
similar OSes), and linked in to various other pages. I hope it provides
the answers to some of your questions.

http://www.marutan.net/rpcemuspoon/linuxcompile.html

Please feel free to point out any ommisions or other improvements you
think would be worth adding.

Peter

--
Peter Howkins