[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Thu May 27 07:52:17 PDT 2010

On 27 May, jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk wrote:
> In article <20100527130116.GA19812 at spod.org>, Peter Howkins
> <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
>
> > http://www.marutan.net/rpcemuspoon/linuxcompile.html

> > Please feel free to point out any ommisions or other improvements you
> > think would be worth adding.

> Thanks for the above. All being well I'll go though the process later
> today or tomorrow morning and report back how I get on.  :-)

One very minor matter to report at this point. Just nit-picking, but I'll
mention it in case it is of use to anyone else.

As part of my own usual process I tend to produce a printable version of
instructions and print them out. This is partly to have beside me so I can
read them though repeatedly as I do something (my eyesight isn't very
good). The other is to keep as printed documentation and a record of what
I've done.

The above page seems to use a two-column table with no actual table rows
for the set of instruction and explanations. Instead relying on <pre> to do
the vertical layout. I'm not sure this look as it should with Netsurf and
is awkward with TechWriter as it makes reflowing whilst keeping the
intended vertical alignments. The table also seems to say "100%" for the
width which might clash with this use of <pre>. Sorry if I've
misunderstood. But it might be better for long instructions to have each
step given vertical alignement by a table row and could the be flowed OK.

The first table is fine. It is the second one I am referring to. At first I
thought this was nested tables, but it seems instead to use <pre> as I
describe above.

Above said I appreciate this may well not matter to most people.

Slainte,

Jim