[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Fri May 28 01:42:58 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 07:49:39AM +0200, Frank de Bruijn wrote:
> The instructions were wrong for the file you downloaded.
>
> The filename rpcemu-0.8.6.tar.gz suggests the file is a tar compressed
> with gzip. It isn't.

Erm, yes it is.

After I download it.

$ file rpcemu-0.8.6.tar.gz
rpcemu-0.8.6.tar.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Wed
Dec 23 20:36:07 2009, max compression

And the result of 'file' on the server.

[peter at opal 086]$ file rpcemu-0.8.6.tar.gz
rpcemu-0.8.6.tar.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Wed
Dec 23 20:36:07 2009, max compression

I'm not sure how you've managed to de-gzip it on the way, browser
options? But yes if it has lost the gzip compression on the way the
commandline difference is

tar xvf rpcemu-0.8.6.tar
or
tar xvfz rpcemu-0.8.6.tar.gz

the presence of the 'z' flag is what treats the data as gzip compressed.

Peter

--
Peter Howkins
peter.howkins at marutan.net