[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Fri May 28 02:34:34 PDT 2010

In article <20100528084258.GA16326 at spod.org>, Peter Howkins
<rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 07:49:39AM +0200, Frank de Bruijn wrote:
> > The instructions were wrong for the file you downloaded.
> >
> > The filename rpcemu-0.8.6.tar.gz suggests the file is a tar compressed
> > with gzip. It isn't.

> Erm, yes it is.
[snip]

> I'm not sure how you've managed to de-gzip it on the way, browser
> options? But yes if it has lost the gzip compression on the way the
> commandline difference is

I downloaded it using NetSurf on my Iyonix, then moved it across on a USB
stick. As an experiment I'll try downloading it again, do a 'diff', and see
if there has been a change for some reason I didn't notice. I'll be busy
this morning, but I'll then try installing on my new laptop this afternoon
and see if I get the same oddity.

Slainte,

Jim