[Rpcemu] Patch: Make HostFS indicate *Opt is unimplemented.

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun May 30 01:21:57 PDT 2010

In article <20100529224407.286AC4C32 at blake.inputplus.co.uk>,
   Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,

> HostFS doesn't implement setting the drive's boot option.  A patch from
> last year to have HostFS say it isn't implemented doesn't seem to have
> been applied.  Here it is again updated to match the latest code.

Pardon my for taking this off at a tangent and asking what might be an
awkward question based on my ignorance/innocence. However since I've just
found and reported various apparent 'issues' with hostfs I am wondering -
why 0.8.6 doesn't use EmuFS?

With 0.8.2 TechWriter saves files with filetypes OK via EmuFS, but it
doesn't with 0.8.6 via hostfs. I can also !Boot from 0.8.2 EmuFS, but not
0.8.6 hostfs.

With 0.8.2 I also get a 'drive icon' that lets me read (and write if I so
choose) files from my Linux /home, etc. But 0.8.6 doesn't do this.

Is there some other problem I've not noticed yet with EmuFS and which
prompted the switch to hostfs? At present when trying to use rpcemu for the
kinds of things I'd otherwise use my Iyonix, I'd choose 0.8.2 in preference
to 0.8.6 as it avoid the above snags. Am I missing something?

Apologies if the above just shows my ignorance. My usual state!  :-)

Slainte,

Jim