[Rpcemu] Patch: Make HostFS indicate *Opt is unimplemented.

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Sun May 30 11:37:34 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 09:21:57AM +0100, Jim Lesurf wrote:
> In article <20100529224407.286AC4C32 at blake.inputplus.co.uk>,
>    Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > HostFS doesn't implement setting the drive's boot option.  A patch from
> > last year to have HostFS say it isn't implemented doesn't seem to have
> > been applied.  Here it is again updated to match the latest code.
>
> Pardon my for taking this off at a tangent and asking what might be an
> awkward question based on my ignorance/innocence. However since I've just
> found and reported various apparent 'issues' with hostfs I am wondering -
> why 0.8.6 doesn't use EmuFS?

As mentioned about a week ago.

http://www.riscos.info/pipermail/rpcemu/2010-May/000935.html

> With 0.8.2 TechWriter saves files with filetypes OK via EmuFS, but it
> doesn't with 0.8.6 via hostfs. I can also !Boot from 0.8.2 EmuFS, but not
> 0.8.6 hostfs.

This is fixed on the current development HEAD, and will be released with
0.8.7

> With 0.8.2 I also get a 'drive icon' that lets me read (and write if I so
> choose) files from my Linux /home, etc. But 0.8.6 doesn't do this.

If you're desperate for similar functionality.

cd rpcemu/hostfs
ln -s ~ homedir

This creates a 'symbolic link' from a folder called 'homedir' in
hostfs back to $HOME (~).

But please remember the caveat on the webpage, "all files used with it
should be well backed up before using them with RPCEmu.", this now counts
for the files in your homedir too.

--
Peter Howkins
peter.howkins at marutan.net