[Rpcemu] Information for users and developers

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Mon May 31 08:03:05 PDT 2010

In article <511e883e84jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk>, Jim Lesurf
<jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:

> The second point is more frustrating. This is that crtl-end doesn't
> produce the Linux menus for settings, etc. The key combination may be
> being trapped elsewhere.

Pleased/embarassed to report that this is now resolved. I hadn't realised
that there were *two* keys with 'end' printed on them on the keyboard!
Never needed this key until now. I'd been using the key that is also the
'1' on the 'number keypad' set. Using this ctrl-end does nothing as I
reported. However there is another 'end' key as the top-right key on my new
laptop's keyboard. Using this ctrl-end *does* produce the
File/Disc/settings menu. That then works OK.

BTW I've also experimented with the 'sleep' program to see if this is any
better on my machine than 0.8.2 was. But I find that with 0.8.6 this
behaves like it does with 0.8.2. It makes rpcemu tend to not notice mouse
clicks, so doesn't let me reduce the cpu use when rpcemu is essentially
just idling.

Slainte,

Jim