[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7
rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Wed Sep 1 09:55:08 PDT 2010
A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.8.7
This release contains lots of updates to the networking support; as such a new
section to the manual has been written explaining how to setup networking on
Linux and Windows:
The support for RISC OS 5 has changed a fair amount since the last release.
Please see the updated documentation here:
- Added networking support using 'bridged' network style (Leo Smiers); works
with the win32 TAP interface (from the QEMU project) and uses the OpenVPN
- Two fixes have reduced the likelihood of encountering a crash when using
* Linux and Windows
- Network GUI: a GUI to assist in configuring the network settings is
available. For more details see the Networking section of the manual
* All Platforms
- A considerable number of fixes to the accuracy of HostFS as a RISC OS
- Add support for .iso image files that are > 2GiB in size. Previously some
of the data would have been inaccessible.
- Added suport for the scrollwheel on PS/2 mouse emulation; this only works
with the ARM7500 or ARM7500FE (A7000 and A7000+ are the only hardware with
PS2 mouse ports). Also requires RISC OS support from RISC OS Select (not
present on earlier versions) and for you not to be using 'Follow Host
- Improved emulation of the I2C bus and Real Time Clock. Allows RISC OS 5.17
RTC autodetection to work. (Based on code by Jochen Karrer from the
- 'Follow Host Mouse' is now 32-bit compliant and working on RISC OS 5
- Configure script for source compilation on 'Unix' systems no longer stops
if it's not Linux.
- Significant refactoring of code, particularly mouse handling sections, SWI
handling and Networking.
Note: Using the windows install to upgrade from
previous versions may overwrite your cmos.ram
and rpc.cfg files.
peter.howkins at marutan.net
More information about the Rpcemu