[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 00:09:15 PDT 2010

In article <20100901165508.GA14335 at spod.org>,
   Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.8.7

> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/

> This release contains lots of updates to the networking support; as such
> a new section to the manual has been written explaining how to setup
> networking on Linux and Windows:

Thanks folks for the work you've done on this latest version, not had time
to set up the networking yet, but am looking forward to getting to that
later.

Dave

While working with this new version it reminded me of a question...

Please.
What's the difference between Interpreter.exe and Recompiler.exe?

Not specific to this version, but also for a number of versions back,
while I can get Interpreter to boot okay, I can never get the Recompiler
version to boot past a certain point.

My RISC OS on the install is RO 4.02 as the Base, then it goes into the
Select ROM loading.
The initial 4.02 part is actioned then the message "Soft loading ROM" that
goes, followed by a blue screen, and at that point the boot freezes and
required a Win three fingered to escape.

This happens on either Win computer, one running Win 7 the other XP.

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid