[Rpcemu] rpcemu-0.8.7 and hostfs

Steve Fryatt lists at stevefryatt.org.uk
Thu Sep 2 13:42:25 PDT 2010

On 2 Sep, Peter Howkins wrote in message
    <20100902104348.GB28937 at spod.org>:

> On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 04:35:11PM +1000, Terry Duell wrote:
> > Hullo All, For some time now I have been running rpcemu svn rev 168
> > which used emufs to access host files
>
> RPCEm is no longer compatible with EmuFS (and hasn't been for quite some
> considerable time), don't mix and match. There's now code present to
> explicitly prevent mismatched HostFS backends and HostFS modules from
> working together.
>
> To reproduce the effect of multiple mount points without EmuFS under
> Linux, use symbolic links inside the HostFS directory.

Is there any plan to restore the missing EmuFS functionality?  The loss of
multiple EmuFS 'discs' is the main thing that prevents me from upgrading
from 0.8.2, because I fail to see the benefit of using symlinks over the way
that EmuFS did it.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/