[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 14:12:28 PDT 2010

In article <mpro.l84xo30389qq808ig.roel at familie-wagenaar.nl>,
   Roel Wagenaar <roel at familie-wagenaar.nl> wrote:
> Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> > RISC OS 4.39 and the new RPCEmu 0.8.7
> >
> > Interesting little something that's happened with this version.
> >
> > On either a RO 4.02 install or 4.39 with 0.8.7 running the show,
> > HostFS is not openable from RISC OS, the hourglass just runs and runs
> > with no escape.
> >
> > Again on either RO 4.02 or 4.39, application windows displays it seems
> > are not working correctly.
> >
> > A good example is Imp Publisher. Run Publisher to icon bar, click to
> > open a window. Click or try a manual resize with the manual resize
> > tool button, bottom right of window. Here is just auto forces the
> > window into a narrow horizontal strip.
> >
> > Same also happens with other apps like Edit, Draw etc.
> >
> > It doesn't happen with 0.8.6
> >
> > At present the resolution is, Click the Auto resize button Top right,
> > thereafter that window is also manually resizeable.
> >
> > I did wonder if it was anything to do with the hostOS Windows 7, but I
> > also have test installs on XP and the same behaviour is there as well.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> I can confirm this behaviour on linux too.

> With this version my hostfs home disk also dissapeared.

With regard to the HostFS problem...
It transpires my method of updating is the cause of that error.

I normally download the Zip, take the Interpreter.exe out of the archive
and drop it into my pre existing install... Apparently naughty me.

This afternoon I did it the other way around.
Unarchived the new version.
Copied both my "rom" and "hd4.hdf" directories into the new download, then
ran it, after booting the HostFS was openable.

Peter has confirmed this is the culprit, so it's naughty me!

He has also confirmed the filer window problem is as a result of the old
mouse problem.

"This is again a bug in 'follow host mouse' (and has been for years), a
workaround is to disable it and use capture mouse if needed."

"Depending if you've arm7500 or arm7500fe configured, type

*configure mousetype 3

or a 610/710/810/SA110 configured, type

*configure mousetype 0

Within risc os."

And I thank Peter for that info, much appreciated.

I can confirm using the above solution, does indeed sort the filer window
etc problems.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid