[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.7

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Fri Sep 3 07:37:14 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 07:21:47AM +0100, Dave Symes wrote:

> Worth noting I guess.
> I also upgraded a plain old 4.02 install with 0.8.7 and set up networking
> and that seemed to be okay... In the sense that the RPCEmu will fully boot
> okay.
> Unfortunately still no network connection.
>
> *ifconfig -a produces
> 1o0: flags=8008<LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
>
> Obviously no ping returns. (No route to host which is 192.168.0.1 the
> router).
>
> Bridging works okay, there was a minor problem but that's sorted.
>
> I'm going to stick with the 4.02/0.8.7 install to see if I can get
> networking then, I'll have another look at the 4.39
>
> I've just been through the RO networking setup again, step by step as per
> the RO configuration instructions.
>
> Reboot RPCEmu.
>
> *ifconfig -a gives the same report.
>
> Dave
>
> As it's quite short, I've posted the log below.

<snip log>

The log shows that you've a windows networking device to connect too. So
that means there's an issue with the RISC OS end.

Have you installed the driver and autosense file?
Have you installed the Castle 32bit?
Is there a line about EtherRPC when you type '*show inetsetup*' ?
When you run the 'Interfaces' section of InetSetup is there an
'EtherRPCEm' interface in the list?

4.02 I know does work. Is this however a 4.02 setup which has the Select
4.39 boot, and just not loading 4.39?

Peter

--
Peter Howkins